Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you're dealing with water damage in your home or business in Johnsonville, NC, you're not alone. Water damage can be a frustrating and overwhelming experience, but with the right knowledge and tools, you can minimize the damage and get your property back to its preloss condition quickly and efficiently.
Our team of experts has compiled a list of helpful tips to guide you through the water damage restoration process. Whether you're dealing with a burst pipe, a leaking roof, or flooding, these tips can help you take the right steps to protect your property and prevent further damage.
Remember, time is of the essence when it comes to water damage. The longer you wait to address the issue, the more extensive the damage can become. So, take a deep breath, stay calm, and let us guide you through the process. With our expertise and your determination, we can help you overcome water damage and restore your property to its former glory.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (910) 808-4080
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.